Wednesday, March 6, 2019

God Sees Your Story



Watch: https://www.snotr.com/video/1927/BURN_E

What I like about this clip so much and what makes it different from all the rest is the fact that this is a story, told about a robot who had a job at the same time that the events of the movie WALL-E was going on. Now if you’ve seen the movie WALL-E, you know that the story is about this little garbage compacter robot who helps another robot named E-VA find the first plant that has grown on the earth since the humans left the planet destroyed. The humans are now living in space and will not return home until they get confirmation that things can start growing on the earth again.
WALL-E is one of my favorite movies, because almost the first half of it is a silent movie, with only two words being spoken, WALL-E and E-VA. But Pixar is able to bring you into a world that you are captivated by, because the characters have so much character to them that you don’t mind that they don’t talk.
Well, while the story of WALL-E is going on, the robot BURN-E is also having a story. It’s not as great as WALL-E’s. BURN-E isn’t fighting to win his loves heart, BURN-E isn’t trying to combat evil robots. All BURN-E is trying to do is to fix something, and things just keep getting messed up.
As I watched this short story, I realized that so often I feel like this. I feel just like BURN-E. All around me it feels like my story isn’t that important; it feels like my life isn’t that noticeable. I mean, I’m not a famous athlete, actor, world leader. When I die, my name won’t go down in the history books as curing cancer, or discovering a new element on the periodic table. My story is not that known, so I feel just like BURN-E, just over here doing my own thing, but I’m not apart of the real story, the one that everyone knows.
Ever feel like that? Ever feel like you’re just not noticed, that your story isn’t the one everyone’s thinking about? Ever feel like a BURN-E?
Tonight I had a Scripture verse to share with you, about how God knows your path, but as I was sitting at my desk a Scripture I hadn’t thought of popped in my mind. I believe that God wanted me to share it with you. It comes from Matthew 11 where Jesus tells a crowd, “I tell you the truth, of all who have ever lived, none is greater than John the Baptist. Yet even the least person in the Kingdom of Heaven is greater than he is!”
John’s story was great, he was chosen before birth to start the movement of people towards Jesus. He even knew who the Messiah the Savior of the world would be before he was even born. He recognized Jesus, while both he and Jesus were still in their mom’s belly’s and he jumped. But Jesus is saying that even though John had a huge story, that God is looking for those of us who are living out our stories where no one else is looking.
God sees us, he notices our lives, he sees the BUNR-E’s that we are and watches us and knows us.
Isn’t that crazy, God watches the BURN-E’s of this world, the you and me’s. Tonight, as we end I want to share with you one more song. It’s by a groups called Sidewalk Prophets; it’s about following the path that God has for you. Because you don’t need to have a WALL-E, or a John story. God’s watching your BURN-E story and noticing you and because of that, in God’s eyes your story can be that much greater.

Listen to Song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CsjZ94K7UQs

No comments:

Post a Comment